May 07, 2011

Going Freebie Shopping!


Today I'm going Freebie shopping! What is freebie shopping you ask?  It's when you match up your clipped coupons to your local store circulars. Many times, the value of the coupon exceeds the cost of the item you are purchasing, thus making it FREE. I've clipped mine and matched them up, now I'll be making my rounds to Dollar General and Walgreens.  If all goes according to plan, I will score some pretty awesome free stuff. 

A portion of the items will go to my personal stockpile, but the majority will be donated to my church's Christian Recovery Home. I thank God for providing these opportunities to find these freebies so that many, including myself can be blessed. 

***UPDATE***
Things did not go according to plan, in fact they went Better than expected! Here is my freebie tally.

@ Dollar General 
10 Oral B Toothbrushes ($1.50 each) 
I had 10 $1.50 off coupons=FREE

8 Noxzema Shavers ($2.50 each)
I had 8 $2.00 off coupons=$4.00 but the best part is that each pack came with a $2.00 off coupon inside for next time!

@ Walgreens
4 Clean & Clear Body wash 16oz. which were already on sale for BOGO @ ($5.99 each), I had 2 BOGO coupons=FREE
12 Right Guard Body wash 16 oz. which were already on sale for BOGO @ ($5.99 each), I had 6 BOGO coupons=FREE

Total Retail Value= $123.05 including tax
Total Out of Pocket= $8.91 including tax

Now I had a few more coupons of each item listed above, but some stores were out of stock and I obtained a Rain Check and the other store had plenty, however it would not be fair to take everything and not leave any for other shoppers. It's all about being fair and sharing the bounty.

No comments:

Post a Comment