May 13, 2011

What's your take?

Re-posted from Wednesday
Photo Credit 

With the popularity of TLC's Extreme Couponing taking off, I'm curious to hear your opinion of how couponers are being portrayed. Needless to say, the great majority of couponers out there are ethical shoppers, but my fear is that we're all being lumped together. Have you personally experienced smart shopping discrimination? Did the cashier at your local grocery store roll their eyes because they saw your stack of coupons? 

To be fair, there are a couple of families on the show that have shared their bounty or have donated to a worthy cause, but on the other end of the spectrum there are those that take it to a whole new level of unethical behavior and dare I say they are "hoarders".  It's amazing how a few bad apples have ruined it for the rest of us, case in point... Publix changing their coupon policy.

Don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with building a personal stockpile, but when it borders on O.C.D. and you're suffering from anxiety attacks in the middle of a grocery store, then it's an issue. I feel very strongly in following the Luke 6:38 principle "Give and it will be given unto you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

With that being said, I am not dismayed, I'll keep clipping my coupons and matching them with my store circulars and I'll keep searching for the best deals out there. There is NO shame in my coupon game!  

No comments:

Post a Comment