May 05, 2011

Homemade Baby Wipes

Photo credit
happymommysavers.com


Many of my good friends are Moms, and just by talking with them I often hear that one of the greatest expenses in child rearing is baby wipes.  If you're a Mom, then you know just how expensive they can be.  A couple of years ago, a friend who is also a Mom told me about her cost cutting tip that has saved her a bundle.  She graciously shared her recipe and now I'd like to share it with you.

Materials needed

1 roll of brawny paper towels (You can substitute to your own fav. just make sure it's sturdy)
1 bottle of johnsons baby oil 
1 bottle of johnsons baby wash
1 sturdy baby wipes container (Use one of your old store bought containers)
Water

Cut the roll of paper towels in half with a bread knife, remove cardboard roll in the middle.  Set half roll in the wipe container.  In a saucepan, add 1/4 cup of baby oil, 1/4 cup of baby wash, 2 cups of water.  Bring elements to a boil then let cool for 5-7 minutes.  Once the solution is cooled, gently pour over the paper towels and allow the solution to be absorbed for 12 hours.  

In no time, you will notice you have also saved a bundle by switching to this simple cost cutting recipe.  The best part is, you don't have to be a Mom to appreciate this money saver, I often use them in my car when I spill a drink or even to remove the dead bugs from my car.  It's a versatile product!


No comments:

Post a Comment