June 30, 2011

The joy of sharing


I wanted to share some scriptures that speaks directly to the purpose of Grace Saved, scriptures about Giving, Faith, Contentment & Obedience. You have often heard me talking about sharing the bounties of your stockpiles with those that do not have, I've found that it's the simplest way to show the love of Christ. My husband and I have known what "real need" is, perhaps you were faced with a similar situation and experienced the kindness of a friend or stranger that selflessly gave of their own. It is such a rewarding and humbling joy to help and to be helped, I can express it in a thousand different ways, but I'd rather you hear it from the Father.

Matthew 6:31-33
“Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ “For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Philippians 4:11-13
For I have learned to be content, whatever the circumstances may be. I know now how to live when things are difficult and I know how to live when things are prosperous. In general and in particular I have learned the secret of eating well or going hungry of facing either plenty of poverty. I am ready for anything through the strength of the One who lives within me.

Deuteronomy 15:10
Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.

Proverbs 3:27 
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it.

Proverbs 22:9
He who is generous will be blessed, for he gives some of his food to the poor.

Matthew 6:3-4
But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.

Matthew 25:40
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, even these least, ye did it unto me.

I hope these scriptures have encouraged you today as they have done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment