June 07, 2011

Giving and Receiving


Twice this week I was given a lesson on the biblical principle of giving and receiving, I've always known first hand that when I give to others I will also receive, I'd always recall the golden rule "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". But I've come to realize that giving & receiving goes far deeper than just giving unto others, it's about giving unto Christ. I absolutely love to help others, especially in the area of teaching others how to maximize their savings and sharing what we have in our stockpile with those that need a helping hand. 

Matthew 25:40 reads, "The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me"Wow! God is clearly saying how we treat others is a direct reflection of how we treat him. I firmly believe that when we sow seed, we will reap the reward, be it good or bad. Just today, my husband and I went to visit our counselors at their home and in the middle of our visit I received the practical & thoughtful gift of Borax! It was the sweetest thing in the world that they would think of me and remembered that I use this tool for making laundry soap, it made my heart sing. God wasn't done there, as we were about to walk out the door, they stopped us and gave us a few more wonderful gifts. We are so grateful for them and their generosity, but more so because we know that when we desire to give as unto God, we also receive His best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment