April 01, 2013

Motivation is key...



By definition, motivation is the act or instance of providing a reason to act in a certain way.

How do we stay motivated in a world full of chaos? These days everything is vying for our attention. It’s work, kids, spouse, errands, chores, friends, social media and more that zaps us of our energy and desire to stay focused. It’s so easy to get sidetracked with the demands of life, but we have to challenge ourselves to find ways to remain motivated.

Write it down: As for me, I’m a “list” type of person. The only way I can keep my ducks in a row is by writing my daily to do list. If it’s not written down, it’s not getting done. I won’t pretend to possess the skill of remembering all I’ve got to do. When I have things written down, I feel in control of the chaos.

It takes discipline: With anything in life, if you’re unprepared, you will fail. It takes true discipline to retain energy & focus. In other words, if I say I’m gonna do it, I have to do it. If I continue to procrastinate, I have no one to blame but myself if the work isn’t done and it will keep on piling up.

Set goals: No one said your goals have to be big. Small things like scheduling a bill to be paid online or getting the oil changed are great for building your confidence in knowing you have set things into motion to get completed. The point is to accomplish what you know you CAN accomplish.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. It’s completing the tasks you set for yourself and feeling victorious. It’s knowing you have challenged yourself and met it head on. It’s steering life in a direction of organization and a commitment to keeping things in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment