September 11, 2013

Home made Christmas gifts...


With the holiday season quickly approaching, there are many ways to waste money on overpriced gifts. It got me to thinking that I’d really enjoy making some home made gifts for some of my co-workers.

I work in a very male dominated industry and the men I work with are very rough around the edges. In fact, I’m surprised that half of them are married. But for some reason, they have a soft spot for me and when they are spewing obscenities they clam up as I walk by.

The creative juices started to flow and I decided that I will make “food gifts”. More specifically, I would make biscotti jars. Essentially, they are just mason jars filled with different biscotti cookie flavors with a pack of hot chocolate to adorn the outside with raffia, a tag with their name and gold, green or red ribbon to make it festive.

I’ve found that the ingredients are not at all expensive and the jars are very reasonably priced when purchased from Joann’s with a 40% off coupon. I have yet to come up with an idea for the ladies, but at least this is a start.

Are you planning on giving home made gifts?

1 comment:

  1. I want to have my girls make some homemade gifts for family members. I think we will have a lot of fun doing it and they will be so proud of their creations!

    ReplyDelete