August 26, 2013

Paid in full...




I’ve been away from blogging for a month now, and all for good reason. My Husband and I decided to buckle down and work work work. After our cat Zoe became ill in June, we opened a new line of credit called ‘Care Credit’. The promotion was interest free for 6 months if paid in full. We busted our humps and decided that we really wanted to get this bill knocked out because we did not want to go into the holidays with debt.

Our hard work paid off, because just today I sent out the last payment. WOOHOO! It feels so good to have paid the card off. Now we are tackling our credit card that carries a limit of $300. We just made a $100 payment yesterday and are scheduled to make another next week.

We have been working any overtime available to be able to pay off our debt. It has been challenging at times, not being able to spend our weekends together, but we agree it has been worth the effort in order to live debt free. We also ordered our free annual credit reports this month and will be going through them with a fine tooth comb to ensure that there are no errors.

I am so grateful that God has been and continues to be so good to us. I’m also thankful that our Father looks out for us in the little things as much as the big.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting that paid off! My exhusband and I opened up a Care Credit account when he needed dental work. It's nice to take advantage of the free interest it allows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonderful tool, though I am not pleased with having to open a new credit line, it certainly offers great flexibility to different medical types.

    ReplyDelete