August 26, 2013

An unexpected gift


Last month I decided to spend a little money on myself to freshen up my wardrobe. I stopped by Lane Bryant and picked up a few items and spent $84.00. That was a huge purchase for me, I do not normally buy myself anything, but my husband was nagging me to do something special for myself. I signed up for their loyalty program and have received numerous coupons via email and via the ‘Coupon Sherpa’ app on my smart phone.

Just last week, we stopped by the post office to pick up our mail. Inside there was a letter from Lane Bryant, I figured it was just another coupon and I set it aside until I came across it yesterday. I opened it up and inside I discovered a gift card for $25.00.

It was a gift for first time shoppers that previously made a purchase. I could not believe it. I immediately went to the mall to spend it because it was set to expire. I was able to buy 3 blouses and two pairs of jeans. In total, after my coupon and gift card, I spent $16.00 dollars out of pocket for $216.75 worth of merchandise. I was able to score a great deal on jeans that were 2 for $69.95 (normally they are $69.95 each), and I shopped the clearance rack for the blouses. 

I now have a full wardrobe that I can be proud of, and the best part is that I did it ‘on the cheap’.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Very nice that they send the $25 gift card. It's good to buy something nice for yourself every once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete