August 30, 2013

Dining out on the cheap...


Eating out is one of my greatest vices, but it’s so expensive and it’s cut way too much into our budget. Recently, while scouring my favorite coupon websites and using my favorite coupon app ‘Coupon Sherpa’, I managed to score some awesome restaurant coupons. Two weeks ago we received a BOGO Breakfast coupon for Bob Evans, last week we stopped by Smokey Bones and used a $10 off $20 coupon that we matched up with a gift certificate from my boss.

This week, we are picking up my husbands little sisters and taking them out to eat. Imagine feeding four people on a tight budget. We asked them what some of their favorite restaurants were and discovered that they like Denny’s. It happened to be that last weekend in the coupon circulars a coupon for a BOGO entrée was available. Now of course, you can only use 1 coupon per check. So we are splitting up the check and using two coupons, making two meals free.

As you know, I’m determined never to pay retail and am always armed with a coupon wherever I go. It certainly takes a bit of effort, but the payoff is worth the work in order to save money.

What methods do you use to cut back on dining out?

1 comment:

  1. I used to spend a TON of money eating out. I had set a goal for myself this month to not eat out at all and only ended up cheating once. I have saved so much money by doing this. I am gonna give myself one eat pass for my birthday in September.

    ReplyDelete