March 09, 2013

Reliance upon God


Let me start off by saying, God is good all the time. My husband came home from work this morning and shared that his store is closing and everyone would be laid off. Needless to say it came as quite a shock, one I never saw coming. It forced me to realize that nothing is certain or guaranteed and the fact that I allowed myself to think that we would never go through this again is a disappointment. I told my husband the first thing that popped in my head, "I'm not worried". This is a perfect opportunity to continue trusting God inspite of the circumstances, uncertainty and frustration. We've been here before when I lost my job in 2010, but God brought us through that time and I trust He will do it again.

With all that I have learned on how to pinch our pennies, save money, generate side income and continued tithing, I feel confident that my provider, Jesus Christ will bring about something much better and something that highlights my husbands talents. It's so easy to allow the enemy to use this as a means of destruction, but my God said he would supply all my needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Phillipians 4:19).

I'm reminded that there is nothing better, nothing more guaranteed than the Love of Christ. I'm completely dependant upon him and I would not want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment