May 02, 2013

Sacrifice


The benefits of sacrificing…


We’ve all experienced some degree of sacrifice at one point in our lives. Whether it be in our jobs, relationships or finances. When it comes to money, I’ve found that sometimes it hurts to put off a bill or delay a purchase of a needed product for the sake of saving money for a more comfortable retirement.

What I gain in return by sacrificing has not only affected my finances, but my way of thinking.

1.    I’ve learned to say NO to unnecessary purchases.
2.    I’ve gained confidence to achieve my financial goals.
3.    I look at the big picture to determine what’s actually important.
4.    I skip the temporary fads by not rushing out to buy the “next big thing”.
5.    I save money by denying myself.

It’s not an easy task, and sometimes I just don’t like having to deny myself, but just as a spoiled child, there has to be discipline in order to achieve your financial goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment