June 24, 2013

What a month!!!

IMAG0181.jpg IMAG0183.jpg IMAG0182.jpg 

What a busy few weeks it has been! There have been many changes that have taken place and I’m grateful to say they have all been positive.

I bought a “new to me” car, a 2005 Ford Escape XLT. I was pleased with the mileage, the mechanical condition, the physical condition and the price. Though I am not excited about the MPG, I’m happy because it has every feature I wanted and more. It was definitely worth waiting 12 years to buy a new car.

I am especially grateful that my old car is still going strong J. My husband is very happy to have a car of his own and it makes our work schedules much more manageable.

The hubby found a new job! I’m very proud of his hard work. He pounded the pavement, networked and through a great tip, he found a job that he is happy and fulfilled with.

My job has kept me very busy! Now, with a new car payment, I need to remain busy because I plan on paying an additional $20-25 dollars per month so that I can condense my loan from 48 months to 24 months. My emergency fund took a beating with the down payment and Drivers License renewal, but I’m proud to say that I did not exhaust my entire savings.
  
Can I tell you how grateful I am that I have been contributing money to my Health Savings Account. Each week I add $10 and had saved $230.00. Well, yesterday my husband needed an emergency wisdom tooth extraction. What a blessing this turned out to be, had it not been for the H.S.A. he would have had to dip into the savings account. It made me realize what a great benefit it is & I will continue to utilize in the future.

I turned 34 this month and received such wonderful birthday wishes and unexpected gifts. I’m thankful for the years the Lord have given me and even more thankful that He showers me with Grace & Mercy every day.

Side income has been going pretty well, I’m kinda surprised because I haven’t done much to help it to increase. Here’s how it looks as of 6/24/13…

Swagbucks 4,800 points ($50 gift card)
Shopkicks 12,803 points ($50 gift card)
Inbox Dollars $30.00 (via check)
Panda $34.80 (via paypal)
My Coke Rewards 614 points
Amazon ($44 gift card)
Health Savings Account $35 ($10 weekly contribution, previous balance $230.00, used $201.00 & $14 for RX for emergency tooth extraction).
Emergency Fund $751.02 (Used $1k for down payment on new car & fees).

No comments:

Post a Comment