June 25, 2013

What a gift!



I truly believe in my heart that the job I have is appointed by God. I’ve been blessed in more ways than I can count. Some have been blessings from co-workers, some by customers or even just by my actual work itself.

Each day, my co-worker and I help seven salesman achieve their goals by billing their daily sales. Sometimes it’s a frustrating and overwhelming job, other days we can all laugh together like old friends.

My position at times feels like a “Thankless job”, but the truth is that it should not be about what I can get out of it, but rather, what I can bring to it.

Since I started in October 2011, I have been treated like a Queen. I stopped counting how many times I’ve been treated to lunch, received kind and encouraging words and have been lavished with gift cards.

My husband always pokes fun at how spoiled I am at work. I chuckle because he is right and I am so grateful that I have a job filled with giving people. On more than one occasion, those gifts have been used for date nights with my husband, or even used for a gift to pass along to a person in need.

But just today, my co-worker and I receive an extravagant gift. One that makes your jaw drop and makes you want to refuse it because it’s just too good.

One of our salesman happened to be out of town for a sales meeting and on his way back home he stopped at Dooney & Bourke. He bought us each a beautiful and authentic wristlet wallet. I could not believe my eyes.

I am floored by the thought of the gift because I know it’s true value, but I am humbled by the fact that he thought so highly of us. I am more humbled that my Lord and Savior thought so highly of me to have placed me in a job that has given more than I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment