July 07, 2011

To match or not to match...


I found this article on www.krazycouponlady.com and wanted to share it with you. I had never given thought to this whenever I requested an "Ad match" at Walmart, so when I read it, a light bulb went off (I need to pay closer attention, because I thought I was getting a great deal, but I still got the regular price).

Does Walmart price match the "before Rewards" or "after Rewards" pricing?
Walmart will not price match an “After Rewards” price, especially since sometimes items are “Free after Reward”. This is because the different types of checkout coupons (“Catalinas”) are to be used on a FUTURE purchase, so they cannot be used in the transaction that you use to buy that item. Most of the different store “Rewards” (RR, EB, +UP) cannot be redeemed at Walmart (store coupons must be for a specific price for a specific item, and Catalinas must be manufacturer coupons for an amount off of a specific item). Therefore it is not fair to ask Walmart to include it in the transaction for the item that you are purchasing, when not even the original store does that. 

If your store currently allows price-matching for “After Rewards” prices and you have spoken with the manager, then that is that store’s choice. But keep in mind that it is a courtesy, not a rule they have to follow. 

For more, checkout Walmart’s Coupon Policy and Ad Match Guarantee.



No comments:

Post a Comment