August 19, 2011

Thanksgiving happens year round!


In a few short weeks the summer activities will begin to wind down and the anticipation of the holidays will soon be here. Often times we wait until Thanksgiving to share what we are thankful for in our lives, but I wanted to take the time to share my gratitude without the need of a holiday. The past 1 1/2 years have been the most trying for my husband & I. From the loss of my job to hardships in our finances & marriage to the loss of loved ones. No matter what has come our way, God has proven faithful. We never went hungry, we were never homeless, our car has chugged along like a champ and now I'm back to work. What amazes me the most is just when I thought we were down to our last penny, God came in and blessed me with a job (a great job!) and promoted my husband at his job. When we thought our marriage was over, God came in and planted mentors, along with our Pastor & first lady to swoop in to teach us how to strengthen our union. When it seemed like life was completely mundane, He purposed a new desire in our hearts. When my self esteem was beginning to wain, I was honored with a beautiful compliment by a woman I've only known for a week. I've learned that it is not about the big picture for me, it's about the day to day interaction and building of relationships that matter most. That is the example Jesus modeled in the gospels in his relationships with the apostles, the hurting, the lost and forgotten. I mess up daily and God still loves me, I couldn't ask for a better relationship and nothing makes me more thankful than knowing Jesus is my Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment